2012-06-24

Outages and Distractions

It has taken all day for my laptop to install the latest version of OpenOffice.org. I can't work without OO. I've done my best writing on OpenOffice.

The problem lay with my damned firewall, which required some real computer gymnastics to get to cooperate. I finally did, but I feel as if I've played the computer equivalent of Twister to get the job done.

Still, there you go. Job done. And then LJ went briefly down as well.

A shitty day for me. I must have written one sodding paragraph all day.

But now, at least, I have OpenOffice 3.4, and a working firewall, and a happy laptop. Even if it has taken all damn day.

I hope for fewer distractions tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And if we have unearned luck, now to scape the serpent's tongue, we will make amends ere long. Else the Puck a liar call ..."

So speak.