2012-08-16

The Wild Updater - Irish Cybercafe Traditional

Well, I've been on this Facebook for many a year
And I'd update my status, all whiskey and beer,
But now Facebook in Timeline have placed such great store,
That I never may update on Facebook no more.

chorus: And it's no, nay, never
*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*
No more Timeline no more,
Cause we all hate Timeline,
No Timeline, no more.

So I went to a game app I used to frequent
And I told the sysadmin my gold was all spent.
When I asked her for credit, she answered me "nay
Such a Timeline as yours I could have any day."

chorus

I sent to my album ten photographs bright
And the sysadmin's eyes opened wide with delight.
She said "I have updates and links of the best
And the comments I spoke sure were only in jest."

chorus

I will tag both my parents and share what I've done
And they'll comment to pardon their prodigal son.
If they meet me on LinkedIn as ofttimes before
Sure I never will post on that Timeline no more.

chorus

-- "The Wild Updater," Irish traditional sung in cybercafes the length and breadth of the Emerald Isle

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And if we have unearned luck, now to scape the serpent's tongue, we will make amends ere long. Else the Puck a liar call ..."

So speak.