2012-10-17

Kicking It In The Head

I had enough last night.

Had enough of wracking cough
Congestion
Wheezing
Uncontrolled shivering
Inability to stay warm.

I said "Enough!"

And in my dream,
I dreamed that my body was
Germany
and there was an election
To determine my body temp.

All the districts voted
High fever
And when I woke up,
I was on fire
Flushed and sweating.

But it was gone.
No more shivering.
Coughing breaking up.
Congestion going.
Just the usual
Post-cold catarrh and
Boxcar Willie Nelson voice
That sounds like a heavy
Smoker who's packed in
His forty a day
Habit and is already
Starting to regret it.

Actually, it's quite a sexy voice.
A throaty purr over the phone.
The woman I chatted to
Thought I sounded hot.

Well ... I was.
They were demanding a recount
In Bonn and Hamburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And if we have unearned luck, now to scape the serpent's tongue, we will make amends ere long. Else the Puck a liar call ..."

So speak.