2013-05-09

All Fired Up

The Jason Mohammad segment is shortly to begin on BBC Radio Wales.

I've been given the early morning wakeup call by the producer, and they are ready to roll from around 10:00 am. My part in this segment is due to start around 10:30 am.

I am all fired up for this interview, and equally fired up with enthusiasm for the screening of Star Trek Into Darkness later on tonight - and for my quiet meal with my plus one beforehand.

I've got a plus one to the event.

Let me restate that. I have got a plus one to come with me to the event.

With that in mind, here is a shortlist of the Klingon phrases I shall try to sneak in to the interview, among other interviews I shall make this month:-

Set Klingon phrases
I shall be using

What do you want?nuqneH
What did you say?nuqjatlh
Star TrekHov leng
moviejabbI''ID
Star Trek Into DarknesspoH mIgh 'el Hov leng
Success!Qapla'
2013 05 09cha'SaD wa'maH wej DIS, vagh jar, Hut jaj tera' poH
Star Trek Into Darkness has its premiere today.DaHjaj wa'DIch poH mIgh 'el Hov leng jabbI''ID 'anglu'
Watch this show as soon as possiblenarghpa' 'eb tugh jabbI'IDvam boleghnIS
Do you speak Klingon?tlhIngan Hol dajatlhlaH'a'
Yes.HIja'
No.ghobe'

Wish me success. The phone interview should begin any minute now. Qapla'!

Edit: Interview done.

Two gems from that interview:-

‘The Klingon for “Do you speak Klingon?” is a bit of a tongue twister if you’re not used to it. It’s tlhIngan Hol DajatlhlaH’a’? and if you do understand Klingon, you say HIja’ or HISlaH meaning yes, and if you don’t, you say “Sorry, but I don’t speak Klingon.”’

poH mIgh 'el Hov leng jabbI''ID The movie, "Star Trek Into Darkness"

'Of course the title "Star Trek Into Darkness" has to be poH mIgh 'el Hov leng Star Trek Enters An Evil Time where poH mIgh means evil time, a metaphorical dark rather than a physical dark, since the Enterprise is always travelling into the dark all the time, because that's what space is.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And if we have unearned luck, now to scape the serpent's tongue, we will make amends ere long. Else the Puck a liar call ..."

So speak.