2013-11-04

The Great Hiatus - Runup

Here's what's been bothering me over the last few weeks in particular.

Last year, on 2012 11 25, my abdomen began to cramp like nobody's business. I was in absolute agony. I could not stand, sit, lie down ... it was all I could do to pace around, gritting my teeth.

After spending the night in the hospital, I was told to book an appointment to see the Doctor, who arranged a scan. The scan confirmed what they suspected in the hospital: I have an inflamed gall bladder, exacerbated by gallstones.

On reflection, I found myself wondering whether my stomach cramps and intermittent pains over the last many years had been due to my gall bladder's occasional flareups, and that without an understanding of what had been going on I'd been thinking that my pains were all simple gastric troubles.

Six weeks ago, I received a call from the hospital. Surgery to remove this offensive little gall bladder of mine has been booked for this Wednesday, 2013 11 06. The day after tomorrow.

On Wednesday morning, I am going to enjoy a lovely Bonfire Night tomorrow, retire early and rise very early to go to the hospital. After surgery, things will be different; but for right now, I'm posting this just to tell you that from tomorrow night, 2013 11 05, Bonfire Night, I'm going on hiatus from blogging and attending to my social networks for two, possibly three days, while I recuperate from my operation.

Wish me success, everybody. Tomorrow night, at least for a few days, the Serpent's Tongue will be stilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And if we have unearned luck, now to scape the serpent's tongue, we will make amends ere long. Else the Puck a liar call ..."

So speak.