2013-12-31

Missed Chances

I'm not good at relationships. It's said that, while I was growing up, I never really learned the skill of making friends. It was only later in life, as an adult, that I began to learn what is essentially a skill that I should have been learning around the time I was learning to tie shoelaces. It's a skill that parents really need to teach you - and frankly, Dad never taught me anything.

The good news is, folks, I became very self-sufficient as a result. I have all that I need: all that I will ever want.

The bad news is, I'm absolutely lousy at picking up the signs that somebody wants to start a relationship with me. It just doesn't register that anybody would want to go out with me, or even just fancy my company for just one night. Seriously. I might have missed out on dozens of chances over the years, and probably will continue to blithely miss many more.

With that in mind, here's an article on psychopaths and relationships. Enjoy.

The Psychopath's Relationship Cycle

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And if we have unearned luck, now to scape the serpent's tongue, we will make amends ere long. Else the Puck a liar call ..."

So speak.