2014-05-03

The Beat - "Can't Get Used To Losing You" - video

So, Thursday 2014 05 01, I had to see off someone who was very close to my heart. She'd been in my life since 2011, but she'd been with me and the folks, visiting, since her arrival at Liverpool Lime Street on 2014 04 21.

Every time I've parted from one of my enamorata passim, there was always some earworm that stuck in my head for days afterwards, a theme to remind me of the nights of romance and joy which were over. The aubades which were the compliment of all those nocturnes.

These earworms included David Bowie's "Ashes To Ashes," Ultravox's "Vienna," Erik Satie's "Gymnopedie No. 1" and the theme tune to the TV show "Twin Peaks" by Angelo Badalamenti.

And now, there's this song, which stuck in my head as I awoke, that last terrible Thursday morning.


Guess there's no use in hangin' 'round
Guess I'll get dressed and do the town
I'll find some crowded avenue
Though it will be empty without you

Can't get used to losin' you
No matter what I try to do
Gonna live my whole life through
Loving you

Called up some girl I used to know
After I heard her say "Hello"
Couldn't think of anything to say
Since you're gone it happens every day

Can't get used to losin' you
No matter what I try to do
Gonna live my whole life through
Loving you

I'll find somebody, wait and see
Who am I kiddin', only me
'Cause no one else could take your place
Guess that I am just a hopeless case

Can't get used to losin' you
No matter what I try to do
Gonna live my whole life through
Loving you

I can't get used to losin' you
No matter what I try to do
Gonna live my whole life through
Loving you


Over the next few posts to this blog, I will post video links to each of these sad little aubades in turn. Each marking a parting of sorts.

And by the way ... this current parting is not the end of the relationship. Thus far, to my joy, this relationship feels as if it is just starting, and could build up to something I have never had in any previous relationship - meaning that I will be venturing deeper and into unknown territory.

Tonight's video should, therefore, be considered a celebration. I certainly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And if we have unearned luck, now to scape the serpent's tongue, we will make amends ere long. Else the Puck a liar call ..."

So speak.