2012-05-10

Blog Name Change

On the one hundredth post of my blog, I have to announce a name change for it.

Kickstarter has posted a funding run for a CCG, The Serpent's Tongue, completely unrelated to my blog. The term comes from Shakespeare and refers to booing and hissing from a disgruntled audience - not something for which an actor would devoutly wish.

And so I aim to amend the title of this blog, ever so slightly, to "To Scape the Serpent's Tongue."

Here. The Epilogue from A Midsummer Night's Dream follows.

If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumber’d here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream,
Gentles, do not reprehend:
if you pardon, we will mend:
And, as I am an honest Puck,
If we have unearned luck
Now to ‘scape the serpent’s tongue,
We will make amends ere long;
Else the Puck a liar call;
So, good night unto you all.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.

"To 'scape the serpent's tongue" means "to avoid getting booed and hissed at;" in other words, to deliver a product which satisfies, or to offer something in recompense to "make amends" - to repair the relationship between troupe and audience soured by a poor showing.

So, to avoid your serpent's tongue, and to keep the confused from believing that I have anything to do with the CCG, I shall rename this blog and hereinafter continue to do my good work, hopefully uninterrupted.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"And if we have unearned luck, now to scape the serpent's tongue, we will make amends ere long. Else the Puck a liar call ..."

So speak.