2012-10-29

Studio Ghibli Films - All Now Removed

I've been a fan of some of Studio Ghibli's output for a while. I love Kiki's Delivery Service - it regularly sends those little chills up and down the backs of my legs when I see those shots of Kiki up in the air, and those vertiginous vistas.
What I love the most about this movie is the scene where she flies into a cattle train's skylight hatch to escape a storm, and tucks herself into the hay suspended above the sleeping cows. There is something about the desolation and loneliness of the late night train passing by in the rain, and the goods train then turning on its lights and moving along, all alone in the dark.
The whole movie just makes me feel tingly inside.
I had the video embedded here, but a quick check confirmed that all the Ghibli movies have now been removed. A pity.

This post was edited 2013 09 01, the day Hayao Miyazaki retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And if we have unearned luck, now to scape the serpent's tongue, we will make amends ere long. Else the Puck a liar call ..."

So speak.