2012-10-25

V-Flight Clock

Graceful sweep of wing
Extended neck
Long grey bodies
So much power
Purpose in their flight

Burdened with shopping
Books in my heavy bag
Clinging to earth
A bug stuck fast
Same purpose in my crawl

Time to go home

In deepening gloom
V-flight clock
Telling the time
Changing the season
Winter now here

Ground floor view
Passive observer
Flocks dwindling into
The night
I fly with them

And it isn't so cold

Where they go
In their long bodies
V-shape formations
Raucous hooting
Joy conquering melancholy

I want to go
In my heavy mind
Trudging painfully
Wingless flight
To joys of my own

Into my own light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And if we have unearned luck, now to scape the serpent's tongue, we will make amends ere long. Else the Puck a liar call ..."

So speak.