2013-07-07

Mind Killer

You know that line from Dune: "I must not fear. Fear is the Mind Killer ..."

You know, that one?

I've thought about that line a lot, and it occurred to me that, for a mantra designed to banish fear, it certainly does talk a lot about it, n'est-ce pas?

If I were designing a mantra against fear, I'd design it with a positive outcome in mind. Ecce:-

"I Shall Smile, And Turn,
And Face This Oncoming Storm
With My Eyes Wide Open.

"I Shall Brace My Mind With Courage,
And Fortify My Soul With Glee.

"And If This Storm Brings My End,
I Shall Be Content:
For The Last Thing I Shall Experience Before My Extinction
Shall Be Insatiable Curiosity."

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And if we have unearned luck, now to scape the serpent's tongue, we will make amends ere long. Else the Puck a liar call ..."

So speak.