2012-10-21

Reading Hours

Starting last week, I instigated a new policy for my life.

Reading hour.

At least one hour a day, I go offline, sit down and force myself to read a book. Even a book on my Kobo, but preferably an old-fashioned paper one.

I could cite a bunch of reasons for doing so - catching up on self-education; exercising my eyes; airing my old books' pages - but basically, I'm doing this because I want to get away from the screen.

I spend so much time online during an off day. I need time away from the keyboard, and reading is the most enriching use of my time.

Crossposted to Chester Science Fiction & Fantasy Readers Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And if we have unearned luck, now to scape the serpent's tongue, we will make amends ere long. Else the Puck a liar call ..."

So speak.